Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: Off to install the JRSC!

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Sonnyballs's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 12th, 2001
    Posts
    460
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    Hi Guys,

    The wife is out of town, so I'm heading out on Thursday night to a friend's shop on the sunny central coast of California. He's a machinist and has pretty much everything I'll need, but I'm gonna bring all of my tools in case the unexpected happens.

    Here is my checklist. It's pretty long, but I think I've got everything I should worry about.

    BTW, the car already has: Exedy clutch, J&S Ultra Safeguard + dual monitor, Walbro GSS-342 fuel pump, AEM FPR, boost and full-sweep fuel pressure gauges.

    Supercharger Stuff
    JRSC Kit, large box
    JRSC Kit, small box
    Intake manifold gasket
    Throttle body gasket
    3" short ram intake
    NGK BKR7E plugs
    ES motor mount inserts

    Fluids
    2 gallons of distilled water
    1 gallon of coolant
    1 bottle of power steering fluid
    5 quarts of Castrol Syntec w/Honda filter

    Tools
    Metric T handles
    Metric Allen wrenches
    Metric short well 3/8" drive sockets
    Metric deep well 3/8" drive sockets
    Metric 1/2" drive sockets
    Metric 1/4" drive sockets
    1/2", 3/8", and 1/4" ratchets
    Breaker bar w/ 3/8" adapter
    3/8" extensions
    Torque wrench
    Electric impact wrench
    Impact wrench sockets
    Large phillips screwdriver
    Small phillips screwdriver
    Large flathead screwdriver
    Small flathead screwdriver
    Small needle-nose pliers
    Large needle-nose pliers
    Large wire cutters
    Small wire cutters
    Jeweler's phillips screwdriver
    Jeweler's flathead screwdriver
    Channel-locks
    Vice-grips
    Timing light
    Vacuum gauge

    Electronics
    Soldering Iron
    Solder
    Electrical tape
    Wire pliers
    Various electrical connectors
    Voltmeter
    Exacto knife
    Shrink tubing
    Extra wire

    Misc
    Loctite blue
    Teflon tape
    1/8" brass ferrules
    AEM restrictor jets
    Various brass fittings
    JB Weld
    Roll of Dynamat
    290cc Prelude injectors (for comparison)
    Digital camera
    Old fuel pump (just in case)
    Old FPR (just in case)
    Big wad of zip-ties
    Plastic baggies (for storing stuff that comes off)
    Rubberbands
    Sharpie (for writing on baggies)
    Latex (gloves, that is...LOL)

    Did I miss anything? wink

    Sonny

    ------------------
    Sonny Van Hook ([email protected])
    2000 Civic Si
    1999 Tonykart/Honda 80cc Shifter

    [This message has been edited by Sonnyballs (edited April 16, 2001).]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Holden's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 6th, 1999
    Posts
    3,007
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    An Impact Screwdriver is nice for getting the TA sensor off the manifold.

    Greg

  3. #3
    Inactive Member zip's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 4th, 1999
    Posts
    1,160
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Happy install! biggrin

    ------------------
    Mods

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Holden's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 6th, 1999
    Posts
    3,007
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Oh yeah, Good Luck!

    Greg

  5. #5
    Inactive Member INTEGRA LSSC's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 14th, 2001
    Posts
    106
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    i hope the install goes smoothly. on a different subject, thanks for the # to payn tech. tom and kevin were really cool. he said he can probably get me the j&s in about a week or so. it's too bad that i don't live in detroit. i like to see some of their project cars that they have going.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member falconGSR's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 19th, 2000
    Posts
    324
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Sonny, I just finished the install tonite! Thanks again for hooking me up with Vince.

    I added to my list these o-rings:

    1 T/A Sensor o-ring
    1 IAC valve o-ring
    1 FPR o-ring
    4 injector top o-ring (into fuel rail)
    4 injector / fuel rail rubber spacer
    4 injector / intake plenum rubber spacer

    This is on a GSR, I am sure civics have something similar. I guess I didnt need to replace all these on a 2000 model, but I wanted to. I found most of these at Acura, but I had to go to Honda for 1 of the rubber spacers and the IAC valve o-ring.

    Wrapping up my install tomorrow. Best of luck!

    Joe

  7. #7
    Inactive Member NuSiEr's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 10th, 2000
    Posts
    65
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Looks like you're all set for the install. You probably won't need to disconnect the power steering line. (i didn't at least)

    And a tip: put a dab of super glue on the hex wrench and allen bolt heads that go into the intake manifold. That way you're sure it'll stay on the wrench when you pop it in. You wouldn't want to pull the intake manifold off again to retrieve the dropped bolt wink

  8. #8
    Inactive Member NuSiEr's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 10th, 2000
    Posts
    65
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    another thing, universal adapters or sockets will make it easier on the lower intake manifold bolts.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member cetane's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 16th, 2001
    Posts
    176
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yea don't worry about the P/S line I didn't take it off either. I used a little axel greese on the allen wrench. It worked great

    Good Luck!!

  10. #10
    Inactive Member 4drsleeper's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 9th, 2001
    Posts
    179
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by NuSiEr:
    And a tip: put a dab of super glue on the hex wrench and allen bolt heads that go into the intake manifold. That way you're sure it'll stay on the wrench when you pop it in. You wouldn't want to pull the intake manifold off again to retrieve the dropped bolt wink<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

    hehe, I did the same thing TWICE. I was such a nervous wreck after dropping it the second time someone else had to install them. I could just see one of those allen screws falling in the motor. Talk about hell to pay if that ever happens! frown

    You might want to add beer to your fluids list. I dont suggest drinking during the install but you'll need a couple when your done.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •